Kids will love learning to read tarot, on their own or with their friends.
Tarot is a great way to:
- Spark curiosity, creativity, and imagination.
- Do story-telling games and build verbal skills.
- Teach kids how to trust their instincts and intuition.
- Support kids in setting goals and creating the future they want.
- Help kids express themselves and talk about difficult topics (arguments with friends, bullying at school, feeling lonely) in a safe and empowering way.
- Show kids that you have choices in every moment—and you can choose to be a hero.
- Get kids away from the phone, tablet, and TV! Tarot is a screen-free, unplugged activity that the whole family can do together.
- Grown-ups? This deck is for you, too. Connect with your inner child, worry less, and play more.
This deck features 78 beautiful cards illustrated by Kailey Whitman, based on the traditional Rider-Waite-Smith tarot deck. A few have been modified for this age group—for example, the “death” card is “change,” and the “lovers” card is “friends.”
The guidebook has everything kids need to begin, including a brief history of tarot, the meanings of the cards, and how to perform readings. It also includes resources to help kids set goals, build friendships, adjust an attitude, and listen to their own inner wisdom.
Theresa Reed, aka The Tarot Lady, reminds us: “The cards tell a story, but you write the ending.”